GME’s Accusat MT410G Pocket Pro+ 406MHz Emergency Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) with integrated GPS - Manual Activation has been leading the world's PLB market due to it's features and innovation.
The MT410G Accusat Emergency Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) offers a massive 7 year battery replacement life, and a 7 year warranty, the unit also features a high intensity flashing LED, a ‘Non Hazmat’ battery pack for simple and cost effective transportation and a 50 search channel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna to improve location accuracy to better than 100 metres typically - all contributing to the unique AccuSat advantage.
Please note that a 406 MHz Emergency Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) is not a substitute for a 406 MHz EPIRB.
The obsolete 121.5/243 MHz analogue COSPAS SARSAT service was terminated in February 2009 and now, only the 406 MHz digital beacon signals are being processed by the satellites. Consumers have for some time recognised the major benefits of a 406 MHz over a 121.5 MHz device in faster, more accurate detection, personal identification of each beacon, reduced search area resulting in a faster more targeted response in a life threatening situation. However the prohibitive cost of 406 MHz beacons has always been an issue.
Today with cutting edge microprocessor technology, GME’s engineers have been able to provide the outdoor adventurer with a 406 MHz Emergency Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) solution that is not only affordable, but provides enhanced peace of mind for boaters, bush walkers, 4 x 4 enthusiasts and aviators should they ever require emergency assistance.
GME has been designing and manufacturing emergency beacons in Australia for over 30 years. In that time literally hundreds of lives have been saved in Australia and around the world.
- Fitted with NON-HAZMAT long life batteries
- Featherweight, compact and robust construction
- 50 search channel GPS receiver for better than 100 metre accuracy
- Digital 406 MHz, 5 Watt transmission plus 121.5 MHz homing signal
- 7 year battery life
- COSPAS-SARSAT worldwide operation
- 7 year warranty
- National and International approvals
- Typical accuracy (with GPS) <100m
- Sealed waterproof design (exceeds IP67)
- High visibility flashing light
- Retention strap and fully buoyant design reduces risk of loss
- Unique patented technology - no warm up period
- Complete with protective carry pouch
MODES OF OPERATION
- Activated: UHF (406) and VHF (homer) complete with high intensity light and audible alert
- Self Test: Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronization compatible with portable beacon testers).
- GPS Self Test: GPS satellite acquisition test.
- Activation: Automatically when antenna deployed
- Duration: In excess of 24 hours at -20˚C; longer at higher ambient temperatures
- Transmission: 121.5 and 406 MHz distress signals commence 60 seconds after activation
- Delay: 60 seconds to deactivate prior to distress transmission, warm up none required (due to patented digital frequency generation)
- VHF: 121.5 MHz; 50 mW ± 3 dB; swept tone AM (analogue)
- UHF: 406.028 MHz; 5 W ± 2 dB; PSK (digital)
- Light: > 20 flashes/minute at; 2 x high intensity white LED
CERTIFICATION AND APPROVALS
- COPAS-SARSAT: Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2) requirements.
- Standards and Approvals: AS/NZS 4280.2; ETSI EN 302 152-1 (CE0168!); RTCM 76-2002/SC110; FCC ID: TXJMT410-G
- Repetition Period: 50 s mean
- Transport: Meets UN requirements for transport as non-hazardous cargo on board passenger aircraft
- Replacement Period: Prior to expiry date marked on case - (7 yrs) or after use
- Replacement Method: Service centre or factory only (non-user replaceable)
- Chemistry: LiMnO2 (0.49 g Lithium per cell)
- Configuration: 2 electronically isolated batteries consisting of 2 cells type CR17345
- Operating: -20˚C to +55˚C
- Storage: -30˚C to +70˚C
- Weight: 250g
- Compass Safe Distance: 0.1m (for minimal deflection)
- Dimensions: 71 (W) x 135 (H) x 38 (D) mm
- Buoyant: Will float in fresh/salt water (RTM Cat 1)
- Waterproof: Submersion to 1m exceeds IP67
- Materials: High visibility yellow chassis with translucent cap. UV stabilised high impact plastic chassis with energy absorption over-moulded bumpers.
- Type: Ultra high sensitivity L1 frequency C/A
- Antenna: Dielectrically loaded quadrifilar helix
- Acquisition: Cold start 34 seconds typically; hot start <3.5 seconds typical
- Position: Located to within 45m typical